Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I said I`ll part ways!!

Thought of writing about a burning issue right now in my career, in my previous post I ve mentioned about my colleagues leaving the organization, suddenly a dramatic turn
happened. The global head to whom I ve to report have capsized his view on me joining his team, He suddenly mails my SUPerior here that he needs an experienced hand operating from Asia (which is my opportunity!!!), somebody with an MBA and probably a female.
Very hard to understand, I joined this role with the intention of joining the global team. In this client centered role, I was the only person while all my colleagues were with sales. I had a natural interest for this client centric role, so, wasn’t focused in joining the sales team. But my superior, who heads the sales team always advocated for me to join the sales team. But now since my global head has said that he wants an experienced person , my superior wants me to start from beginning to join his team.. And what was suggested to be a 9-5 shift can be anything, he says. If I don’t feel all these are feasible then Ill have to find another venture. What took me aback was that I has to join all over from the beginning to the sales team, after close to one year of service. I said I ll quit, but my superior was understandable enough to try to fit me into another team, which I always wanted. But then again when he came back from his official visit for a week he forgot that also. Now I am helping out in all ad hoc requirements.
Overall even though I am a firm believer of what an MBA can equip and enhance, the perception of just by gaining an MBA, a person’s skills would be developed to a great level is unbelievable crap for me. May be I am wrong but, I feel its right.
MBA:

“I believe is just a preference and not a prerequisite” to succeed in life as a businessmen.

what life can teach and experience can embark, is greater than anything,
My global head without even giving me a chance overlooking me is annoying, just because I don’t have an MBA!!!!!! Generally I look into consulting companies websites more often, to understand their work culture, careers and challenges etc. But BCG`S site was not motivating, explicit about a candidates prerequisite of an MBA. I think a non MBA or a potential MBA guy would be having enough fire power as an MBA grad. Finally this period has been nervously fun, differently challenging and sometime unsettling me. I am going to end up as the winner, no matter what. Life is full of challenges so I don’t have to worry about things beyond my control affecting me. But my effectiveness and calm tactics will prove something greatttt for sure.

2 Comments:

Blogger sorebrek said...

If your 'global head' pulled that in the states, you'd be a high net worth individual soon. It does not sound like your job would qualify for an exemption from laws that protect equal opportunity
employment (very few do qualify - e.g. men/women's locker room assistant etc.).

9:16 AM  
Blogger Clear Admit said...

Hi grik -

Just wanted to say that we've been following your blog and enjoyed this introspective entry about the significance of an MBA in your eyes and those of the world at large. We also wanted to let you know that you've been featured Clear Admit's blog today about the first MBA bloggers aspiring to the Class of 2008. Keep up the good work!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home