Getting ready for IELTS
Thought of writing about IELTS,since im planning to take up the test on the 11th of June.It was a decision which was taken bit hurriedly,but still since I believe that my scores wont shoot up if I just prolong it by a week or two,I thought 11th wud be the right day.
I am banking on my experience of taking competitive exams ,which were very rigorous in the past. If at all, I want that to have a huge boost in my test performance from my experience.. its now!!
I went to one informational session conducted by the british council,which to a great extent made me think big about the examination.But I am somewhat not convinced as to how a 3hr english language can test a candidate`s ability to converse,read and write in English,and hold it as a linguistic proof for 2 years. The usage of any language is always situational and is developed with insights and creativity. What we get as our scores in these tests are like tags or accolades or indicators which we are bound to used humpteen number of times.
IELTS spoken English lasts only for 11-15 min to judge that a candidate`s English fluency.
My rationale is this, can a great mountaineer`s skills be tested in 15 mins to conclude that he or she could climb Everest. Can the resut of the tour de France be judged in 15 mins to say who`ll win (Given that Lance Armstong isn`t participating).
But anyways the exam seems holistic, trying to be the closest to the best indicator. Anyways I am going to try my level best...I can`t think of falling shorter than what I want to get ,I am going all guns blazing, with pencil and eraser as my weapons!! as those are the only things allowed to be taken inside the examination hall.
I am banking on my experience of taking competitive exams ,which were very rigorous in the past. If at all, I want that to have a huge boost in my test performance from my experience.. its now!!
I went to one informational session conducted by the british council,which to a great extent made me think big about the examination.But I am somewhat not convinced as to how a 3hr english language can test a candidate`s ability to converse,read and write in English,and hold it as a linguistic proof for 2 years. The usage of any language is always situational and is developed with insights and creativity. What we get as our scores in these tests are like tags or accolades or indicators which we are bound to used humpteen number of times.
IELTS spoken English lasts only for 11-15 min to judge that a candidate`s English fluency.
My rationale is this, can a great mountaineer`s skills be tested in 15 mins to conclude that he or she could climb Everest. Can the resut of the tour de France be judged in 15 mins to say who`ll win (Given that Lance Armstong isn`t participating).
But anyways the exam seems holistic, trying to be the closest to the best indicator. Anyways I am going to try my level best...I can`t think of falling shorter than what I want to get ,I am going all guns blazing, with pencil and eraser as my weapons!! as those are the only things allowed to be taken inside the examination hall.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home