Work permit in India - God only knows
Little bit disheartened at this point of time. I had applied for extension of my work permit in India for another one year(2006) since it was expiring last month , i had produced all the documents and was waiting to hear from the officials regarding this till now(shashtri bavan-ministry of home affairs takes care of all these) . I got an intimation from them yesterday through post that I could collect my papers today the November 17th.
An abnormal thing i saw in the intimation paper was that, instead of the extended period i had requested for which was 7th-Oct-06 the date which was written was 17-Nov-05. I thought that it was an error !! Then today I went to meet the officials !!!!! to my surprise they are telling me that i ll have to get a visa again, what a comedy i had thought.
Think of a situation where you expect a rebirth but to find that ur innocently murdered!!! Thats what has happen to me now
I asked "why, ive already got a proper visa and i ve requested for 1 year extension"?
reply "No the govt has instructed that ull have to get a visa".
Government is something for the people and run by people , as far as its publicly known.
Then i said "madam , its only for extension ,why the extension is not given and a new visa is required when i already have one which has to be just extended"
reply"They want a new visa"
Myself "Is there a reason"
she replies "we dont know you should ask the govt"
myself " I get it done in 10 days, even though its a ver short period!! but how......I even met the highest official in this office before applying"
reply"We had recommended your application but they have said no"
I asked "Why" (with being inquisitive as to what has taken place)
reply"we dont know" ..(what the heck, i was saying to myself, bureaucracy at its rock bottom)..
Dramas of this unmeaningful processes. Ok i get a trip to sri lanka now. But an improper reason is what pisses me off. Who gives a damn about all this...
An abnormal thing i saw in the intimation paper was that, instead of the extended period i had requested for which was 7th-Oct-06 the date which was written was 17-Nov-05. I thought that it was an error !! Then today I went to meet the officials !!!!! to my surprise they are telling me that i ll have to get a visa again, what a comedy i had thought.
Think of a situation where you expect a rebirth but to find that ur innocently murdered!!! Thats what has happen to me now
I asked "why, ive already got a proper visa and i ve requested for 1 year extension"?
reply "No the govt has instructed that ull have to get a visa".
Government is something for the people and run by people , as far as its publicly known.
Then i said "madam , its only for extension ,why the extension is not given and a new visa is required when i already have one which has to be just extended"
reply"They want a new visa"
Myself "Is there a reason"
she replies "we dont know you should ask the govt"
myself " I get it done in 10 days, even though its a ver short period!! but how......I even met the highest official in this office before applying"
reply"We had recommended your application but they have said no"
I asked "Why" (with being inquisitive as to what has taken place)
reply"we dont know" ..(what the heck, i was saying to myself, bureaucracy at its rock bottom)..
Dramas of this unmeaningful processes. Ok i get a trip to sri lanka now. But an improper reason is what pisses me off. Who gives a damn about all this...
2 Comments:
actually no one gives a damn about all this its pathetic i have been running around for this from pillar to post for my wifes visa extension
Hope fully u got it done finally.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home